Do you want to save a PowerPoint presentation as a video file? Luckily, you came…
You can add several animations to your PowerPoint slide, but sometimes you don’t like the sequence. In the Animation Pane, you can easily change the animation order in PowerPoint 2016 or later. Learn how to reorder animations in three simple clicks. It is also possible to remove animations in PowerPoint. This article will show you how to set animation order and delete or remove an animation in PowerPoint.
Table of contents
Set animation order in PowerPoint
First, you must make a Powerpoint presentation with good content and pictures. After that you can start adding a few animations to some of the slides. Read the previous article to understand how to add an animation to your PowerPoint.
If you want to practice first, you can open your PowerPoint and use Orange burst‘s theme.
Add several animations to your PowerPoint slide
We will add several animations on the first slide to show you how it looks. Every time you insert a new animation into your slide, it will come after the previous one. There are many styles to choose from in the Animation tab. However, we want to keep it simple and add entrance animations to all three objects.
- Click on the picture of oranges and add any animation, e.g., Fade. Now you will see a little box with the number 1 written.
- Then add another animation to the subtitle, called Fly In. It gives you a little number 2 in the box.
- Now add an animation to the title, like Float In. It shows a little box with the number 3 written.
If you click on that little box, it will change color from white to light orange. It will also show you which animation you have selected from the animation list.
Change animation order in PowerPoint
Let’s go to the first slide and open the Animation Pane to show you how to rearrange them. It is straightforward to change the order of the animations by following the steps below.
- First, you need to select the slide where you inserted animations.
- Then click on the Animations tab.
- Now select Animation Pane, which will open on the right side.
- Here you can see the animation order.
- To see the preview > click on Play All in the Animation Pane.
- You can always change the sequence of the animations.
Let’s say you have changed your mind and want to switch things. For example, you want the title animation to come before the subtitle. It is easy to change the animation order in PowerPoint 2016 or later once you have opened the Animation Pane.
- In the Animation Pane > Select the animation you want to move.
- Now, it will get a light orange background.
- Then move the animation up or down by clicking on the arrows.
- You can also drag the selected animation and drop it at the place you want to have it.
The oranges’ animation is named Picture 4 in the Animation Pane and stays in the same order. But on the right picture, the subtitle animation moved down as last, changing to number 3. The title animation changed to number 2 in the list.
You can also reorder your animations in three simple clicks.
- Click on the slide where you have entered animations.
- Go to the Animations tab.
- Now click on the little box next to the object you want to reorder. Once you select it, the color of the box changes to light orange.
- Go to the far right in the ribbon, and select Move Earlier or Move Later to change the animation order.
Remove or delete an animation in PowerPoint
Maybe you realized you don’t need animation on your oranges’ picture. So how do you remove animations in PowerPoint? Deleting an animation from your slide in the Animation Pane is easy by following the steps below.
Steps to delete an animation in PowerPoint:
- Click on your slide with the animations.
- Next, go to the Animation tab at the top of your document.
- Now click on Animation Pane, which will open on the right.
- Select the animation you want to delete, which will have a light orange background. Now you can click on the small arrow down next to it. It will open a drop-down list, and you can click on Remove.
- Or you can right-click on the animation in the Animation Pane to get the same drop-down list and select Remove. This way, you can remove animations in PowerPoint faster.
Once you click on Remove, it will automatically delete the animation from the list.
This article showed you the steps to set your animation order in PowerPoint. In the Animation Pane, you can change the order of the animations you added to a PowerPoint slide. Just drag and drop the selected animation in the Animation Pane or use the up and down arrows. In addition, you can delete or remove an animation in PowerPoint by right-clicking it in the Animation Pane and selecting remove. It is the easiest way to remove animations in PowerPoint.