Do you want to save a PowerPoint presentation as a video file? Luckily, you came to the right place! Find out why it is beneficial to save your presentation in a video format. This tutorial will teach you how to convert a PowerPoint presentation to a video file in two different ways.
Table of contents
Benefits to save PowerPoint as a video
You can convert any PowerPoint and save it as a separate file. It can be very efficient to save your presentation in a MPEG-4 video format. Read the benefits below to see if you want to proceed to save your PowerPoint as a video.
- You can easily use the video clip to upload it on, e.g., YouTube.
- It is useful to save PowerPoint presentations that have a lot of transitions between slides with sound on. This way, your slides can’t be edited.
- You can also see the entire video clip without having to click to the next slide.
- The video file shows the entire presentation as you intended to view it.
- Avoiding something being changed or slides deleted.
Convert PowerPoint presentation to video
There are two different ways to convert a PowerPoint presentation to a video file. The first option is faster and easier. The second option is better if you want to make customizations before saving it as a high-quality video.
Go to your PowerPoint presentation and click on File at the top.
Option 1 – Save as MPEG-4 Video
The PowerPoint presentation example we are using only consists of two slides. By default, each slide takes about five seconds in a video. A few animations were added on the first slide, but read the previous article to add animations to a PowerPoint.
- Once you open your PowerPoint presentation and click on File, you will find yourself on the front page.
- Click on Save As on the left red pane.
- You can then select This PC > Desktop or any other folder you want to save your video file.
Now you will see a new box called Save As.
- First, select the location.
- Then go to the line next to Save as Type.
- Click on the line next to Save as Type, and you will see a large selection of choices.
- Please select the type of file > MPEG-4 Video.
- Then click on Save.
First, you will see that PowerPoint is creating a video in the status bar. It can take a couple of minutes, depending on the presentation size. Then the video will be saved automatically at the location you have chosen.
Option 2 – Save PowerPoint as a video file
This option requires a few more steps to save a PowerPoint presentation as a video file.
- Once you click on File, it automatically directs you to the front page. Here you can click on Export on the left red pane.
- Then click on Create a Video.
- On the right side, you can click on Full HD (1080p) to open a list of selections. Choose Full HD (for speed) or Ultra HD (for best quality).
- You can manage the seconds spent on each slide, or leave it like 5 seconds.
- Lastly, click on Create Video down below.
Once you click on Create a Video, it will open a box called Save As. Here you should choose a location where you want to save the video.
- Click on the line next to Save as Type.
- Now, select MPEG-4 Video.
- Then click on Save.
Thereafter it will create the video in your PowerPoint presentation. In the status bar, you can see how far it has completed the video. After a minute or so, you can find the video saved at the chosen location. If the presentation has more slides, thus being a larger file, it can take up to several minutes. This is how easy it is to convert a presentation into a video file in a few steps.
You have learned how to convert a PowerPoint presentation to a video file. It is easy to save it in a few steps. If you want to customize the seconds spent on each screen or the video’s quality, you should choose the second option. It takes a few more steps because you have to click on Export > Create a Video > Full HD > Create Video > Save As box opens > Select MPEG-4 Video > Save.