Microsoft PowerPoint is a slide show program that can be used for visual presentations. Learn…
You can engage people to see your PowerPoint presentation by adding background music for all slides. First, you have to download music on your computer, and then you can insert audio in PowerPoint. This article shows you how to add audio to all slides on PowerPoint. If you include audio into your slide show, it can enhance the impact of a presentation. You will also learn to let the music continue playing when you go to the next slide.
Table of contents
How to insert audio in PowerPoint
Luckily, it is straightforward to insert audio into your PowerPoint presentation. Before you start doing anything, you have to download music from the internet and save the file to your computer.
- Open your PowerPoint presentation.
- Go to the Insert tab on top.
- Click on Audio on the far right in the ribbon.
- Now a dropdown list shows up, where you have to click on Audio on my PC.
- A new box called Insert Audio opens in your presentation.
- You have to go to the file where you saved the song.
- Please select a song, so it has a blue background.
- Then, double-click on the song or click on Insert.
If you have the audio file inserted into your PowerPoint, you can see it on your first slide. A new set of tabs called Audio Tools opens up at the top of your presentation. Hereunder you can make adjustments to the audio.
How to add background music for all slides in PowerPoint
Now you have included the audio file in your presentation. Unfortunately, the music will not play automatically if you want to view your slide show from the beginning. You can quickly solve this problem by making some changes. Therefore we are going to show you how to add audio to all slides on PowerPoint.
- First, you have to click on the audio icon on the slide.
- Go to Audio Tools and click on Playback.
- Now click on Play in Background on the far right in the ribbon.
- As you can see, it automatically makes adjustments to the settings of the group Audio Options. The changes are highlighted in the picture below.
You don’t have to do anything else because these changes make it possible to play music across all slides. If you click on F5 on your keyboard, then the presentation will start from the beginning. You will hear the music start immediately, and when you click on the next slide, it will continue playing. It will even loop the song if it reaches the end of the song until your PowerPoint presentation comes to an end.
Now you know how to add background music in a PowerPoint presentation. First, you have to download music and save the file to your PC. Once you insert the audio in PowerPoint, the music will not play automatically in your slide show. It is necessary to make some adjustments in the Audio Tools, to hear the background music across all your slides.