You can add several animations to your PowerPoint slide, but sometimes you don't like the…
The animation is an effect that makes objects appear or disappear differently in your PowerPoint presentation. You can always add an animation to a text, object, picture, or graph in your slides. It is easier to make the presentation first and then add the animation you want into your slides. This article shows you how to add animation to a PowerPoint slide. You will also learn to add multiple animations to one object in PowerPoint.
Table of contents
How to add an animation to an object in a PowerPoint slide
Please make your presentation before you start adding animations. This way, you will know where and how many animations you want to insert into your PowerPoint presentation.
- First, you have to open your PowerPoint presentation.
- Click on a text or other object on your slide.
- Now click on the Animations tab at the top.
- Go to the ribbon, under group Animation. Click on the lower right arrow next to the animations box to open a dropdown list.
Now you will see a list of different kinds of animations. These effects are divided into four different groups: Entrance, Emphasis, Exit, and Motion Paths.
You can go up and down by clicking on the arrows on the right of the list.
- Green icons are animations that make an object enter into a slide.
- Yellow icons are animations that make movements on the slide to draw attention.
- Red icons are animations that make objects leave the slide.
- Motion Paths determine a way of movement for an object on the slide.
Now we will show you how to add an animation to your text quickly. Once you click on a text or object in your PowerPoint slide > Go to the Animations tab.
- Then click on the arrow to open the dropdown list.
- You can choose an Entrance animation from the list.
- Click on the one you like, e.g., Shape.
How to add multiple animations to the same object
You can also add multiple animations to one object in your PowerPoint. First, you must have added an animation to an object in your slide. Thereafter you can add more by following the steps below.
1. First, you have to make sure that you have added an animation to an object in your slide. You can check this by looking if there is a little box with the number 1 written. Now, click on the same object where you have added an animation.
2. Go to the Animations tab.
3. Then click on Add Animation, under the group Advanced Animation. This will open the same list of effects.
Once you click on the Add Animation, the dropdown list appears.
4. You can select, e.g., Spin. If you click on it, the animation will come after the one you added first. Now you have added a second animation to the same picture.
5. As you can see from the picture below, there are two small boxes with a number written. Number 1 is the first animation Shape we added, and number 2 is the second one called Spin.
Now you have added two different animations on one object in your slide. Keep your slides simple and don’t confuse the audience or distract them with too many animations.
Your PowerPoint presentation stands out by inserting an animation. We recommend making the presentation before you start to add animations to your slides. You may have noticed that you can choose from many animations in your PowerPoint. It is very straightforward to insert an animation to any object in your slide show. Once you understand how to do it, you can easily add multiple animations to the same object. Now you know how to use animation in a PowerPoint presentation, but don’t forget that less is more.